- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Truitt - Hoffmann
Melissa Ann Truitt and Derek Hoffmann were married April 17, 2010, at St. Francis Xavier College Church in St. Louis. The Revs. Nick Smith and Sam Roethemeyer performed the ceremony. Readers were Gerri Horn, godmother of the bride, and Mary Shelton, godmother of the groom. Petition reader was Karen Meentemeyer, aunt of the bride.
The bride is the daughter of Wayne and Suzanne Truitt of Fenton, Mo. Paul and Debra Hoffmann of Jackson are parents of the groom.
Matron of honor was Ellen Gartner of St. Louis. Bridesmaids were Kate Logar of St. Louis, Kristen Otten of Columbia, Mo., and Amy Truitt of St. Charles, Mo., sister-in-law of the bride.
Drew Hoffmann of Cape Girardeau was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Adam Gohn of Cape Girardeau, Matt Lomedico of St. Louis, Derek Wischmann of Kileen, Texas, Raju Dirnberger of Cape Girardeau, and Steve Truitt of St. Charles, brother of the bride. Ushers were Travis Dambach and Todd Shelton of Jackson, and Kevin Meentemeyer of St. Louis, cousin of the bride.
Flower girl and ringbearer were Emily and Alex Truitt, niece and nephew of the bride. They are the children of Steve and Amy Truitt.
The reception was held at Orlando Gardens in Crestwood, Mo.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner April 16 at Pietro's in St. Louis.
Mrs. Hoffmann is a 2001 graduate of Notre Dame High School in St. Louis. She received a bachelor of science degree in dietetics from Missouri State in 2005, and a master of science in nutrition and dietetics from St. Louis University in 2009. She is a registered dietitian with Lutheran Senior Services at Laclede Groves in St. Louis.
The groom is a 2000 graduate of Jackson High School. He received a bachelor of science in business administration from Southeast Missouri State University in 2005, and a master of business administration from Webster University in 2009. He is a financial analyst at Commerce Bank in Clayton, Mo.
After a cruise to the Caribbean, the couple is residing in St. Louis.