- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Watson - Townsend
Diana Jo Watson and Jeremiah David Townsend were married Jan. 2, 2010, at First United Methodist Church in Kennett, Mo. Greg Dowler performed the ceremony. Pianist and soloist was Daryl Wilcoxsin of Kennett.
The bride is the daughter of Lanny and Monique Watson of Holcomb, Mo. The groom is the son of Jon and Tonyua Townsend of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Laura Watson of Holcomb, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Brienna Byrd of Woodridge, Ill.; Kaitlyn Dye of Kansas City, Mo., cousin of the bride; and Christie Nash of Kennett.
Nathan Morgan of Cape Girardeau was best man. Groomsmen were Josh Govreau of Cape Girardeau, brother-in-law of the groom; Jon Kessler and Darren Lincoln of Chaffee, Mo. Ushers were Tim Schmitt and Shawn Powderly of Cape Girardeau.
Candlelighters were Natalie Govreau, sister of the groom, and Brittney Powderly, cousin of the groom, both of Cape Girardeau.
Flower girl and ringbearer were Maggie and Jack Wills, cousins of the bride. They are the children of Jason and Billie Wills of Jonesboro, Ark.
The reception was held at the VFW Hall in Kennett, hosted by the bride's parents.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Jan. 1 at Strawberry's Dining in Holcomb.
Mrs. Townsend is a 2005 graduate of Holcomb High School, and 2008 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University. She is an accountant with Hillin and Clark, PC, in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a 2002 graduate of Chaffee High School, and 2006 graduate of Southeast University. He is an IT technician with Delta Companies Inc. in Cape Girardeau.
After a wedding trip to Negril, Jamaica, the couple is residing in Scott City.