- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- New ride-hailing law draws praise from carGo official (4/25/17)
Girardot Chapter IAAP Hosts Missouri Division Annual Meeting
On June 11-13, 2010 Girardot Chapter, the local chapter of International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) hosted the Missouri Division Annual Meeting at the Drury Lodge in Cape Girardeau. The chapter welcomed 144 registered attendees for the event, which began Friday with tours of historic Cape Girardeau, proceeding on to an Open House event on Friday evening. Coordinators for the event were Girardot Chapter members Sherri Jenkins CPS/CAP and Donna Wills CPS.
Seminars were presented on Friday, "Work/Life Balance" presented by Mrs. Heather McMillan, Assistant Professor of Management with Southeast Missouri State University, and "Piecing it Together for a Successful Interview" presented by Antoinette Smith CPS/CAP, International Director of Southwest District IAAP. Business sessions and election of officers were held Saturday morning along with awards in which the Girardot Chapter received the Chapter Certification Award in recognition of the chapter with 51 or more members with the highest percentage of CPS or CAP certified members. Several members also received Certification and Recertification Awards at the luncheon on Saturday.
Attendees were treated Saturday afternoon to an enthusiastic, fun filled, yet educational seminar presented by Kent Rader, known as the "World's Cleanest Comedian and Speaker." His stress reduction keynote, titled "Let It Go, Just Let It Go," kept attendees laughing and relaxing in their seats for the afternoon. Saturday's activities end with a banquet, the installation of officers and a performance by the Suzuki Strings class from Southeast Missouri State University. Attendees made final bids on the silent auction items, with proceeds going to fund travel expenses for Missouri Division Board members. The annual meeting concluded Sunday morning with a final business session.
The International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) is a not-for-profit professional association for office professionals with approximately 28,000 members and affiliates and nearly 600 chapters worldwide. For over 60 years, IAAP has been assisting office professionals to reach their career goals through education, community building and leadership development. Their certification programs are recognized as the industry standard of proficiency. If you would like to join us as we create a better workplace, one admin at a time, contact Membership chairs Frances Wissmiller or Patty Eck at 573-651-2004 or 573-651-2487, respectively.