- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Former Mo. officer faces more sex-related charges
FREDERICKTOWN, Mo. (AP) -- A former eastern Missouri police officer awaiting trial on charges of molesting two Boy Scouts has been to court in Madison County on six new counts.
Forty-two-year-old Kenneth D. Tomlinson II was charged earlier this year with 16 counts of statutory sodomy. He faces trial Sept. 20.
The Daily Journal of Park Hills reports Tomlinson waived a preliminary hearing on three new counts each of sexual exploitation of a minor and possessing child pornography. A judge bound the case over and scheduled the next hearing for Sept. 16.
Tomlinson became a Fredericktown police patrolman in 1997. He was promoted in April to captain, the equivalent of the town's police chief.
His bond in both cases is set at $100,000 cash.
Tomlinson led Boy Scout troops in Fredericktown from 1998 until his arrest.
Information from: Daily Journal, http://www.dailyjournalonline.com