- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Emerson helps small businesses
As a small-business owner and member of the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), I am proud that our congresswoman Jo Ann Emerson has received the full-throated endorsement of NFIB, the nation's leading small-business association.
I agree with Congresswoman Emerson that we must end the Obama-Pelosi policies of higher taxes, onerous regulations and bigger government that have kept our nation's unemployment rate at record levels. These policies not only discourage, but prevent small businesses from expanding and creating badly needed jobs.
I appreciate our Congresswoman's strong stand against the federal government's takeover of health care and the onerous new regulations it places on small businesses like mine. Unfortunately, Jo Ann's leading opponent in the race supports this law.
While Jo Ann's opponent is standing with President Obama and Speaker Pelosi, I am proud that our Congresswoman is standing with small-business owners and Missourians in the 8th District.
DRU C. REEVES, 1133 Cypress Ct., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701