- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Emerson helps small businesses
As a small-business owner and member of the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), I am proud that our congresswoman Jo Ann Emerson has received the full-throated endorsement of NFIB, the nation's leading small-business association.
I agree with Congresswoman Emerson that we must end the Obama-Pelosi policies of higher taxes, onerous regulations and bigger government that have kept our nation's unemployment rate at record levels. These policies not only discourage, but prevent small businesses from expanding and creating badly needed jobs.
I appreciate our Congresswoman's strong stand against the federal government's takeover of health care and the onerous new regulations it places on small businesses like mine. Unfortunately, Jo Ann's leading opponent in the race supports this law.
While Jo Ann's opponent is standing with President Obama and Speaker Pelosi, I am proud that our Congresswoman is standing with small-business owners and Missourians in the 8th District.
DRU C. REEVES, 1133 Cypress Ct., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701