- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Cape Chinese restaurant purchases old Ponderosa property in Perryville (10/10/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Ships to stay docked in Cape a week longer (10/10/17)
- Janet Koenig creates painted quilts to add flair to local barns (10/13/17)
Emerson helps small businesses
As a small-business owner and member of the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), I am proud that our congresswoman Jo Ann Emerson has received the full-throated endorsement of NFIB, the nation's leading small-business association.
I agree with Congresswoman Emerson that we must end the Obama-Pelosi policies of higher taxes, onerous regulations and bigger government that have kept our nation's unemployment rate at record levels. These policies not only discourage, but prevent small businesses from expanding and creating badly needed jobs.
I appreciate our Congresswoman's strong stand against the federal government's takeover of health care and the onerous new regulations it places on small businesses like mine. Unfortunately, Jo Ann's leading opponent in the race supports this law.
While Jo Ann's opponent is standing with President Obama and Speaker Pelosi, I am proud that our Congresswoman is standing with small-business owners and Missourians in the 8th District.
DRU C. REEVES, 1133 Cypress Ct., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701