- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Emerson helps small businesses
As a small-business owner and member of the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), I am proud that our congresswoman Jo Ann Emerson has received the full-throated endorsement of NFIB, the nation's leading small-business association.
I agree with Congresswoman Emerson that we must end the Obama-Pelosi policies of higher taxes, onerous regulations and bigger government that have kept our nation's unemployment rate at record levels. These policies not only discourage, but prevent small businesses from expanding and creating badly needed jobs.
I appreciate our Congresswoman's strong stand against the federal government's takeover of health care and the onerous new regulations it places on small businesses like mine. Unfortunately, Jo Ann's leading opponent in the race supports this law.
While Jo Ann's opponent is standing with President Obama and Speaker Pelosi, I am proud that our Congresswoman is standing with small-business owners and Missourians in the 8th District.
DRU C. REEVES, 1133 Cypress Ct., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701