- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Emerson helps small businesses
As a small-business owner and member of the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB), I am proud that our congresswoman Jo Ann Emerson has received the full-throated endorsement of NFIB, the nation's leading small-business association.
I agree with Congresswoman Emerson that we must end the Obama-Pelosi policies of higher taxes, onerous regulations and bigger government that have kept our nation's unemployment rate at record levels. These policies not only discourage, but prevent small businesses from expanding and creating badly needed jobs.
I appreciate our Congresswoman's strong stand against the federal government's takeover of health care and the onerous new regulations it places on small businesses like mine. Unfortunately, Jo Ann's leading opponent in the race supports this law.
While Jo Ann's opponent is standing with President Obama and Speaker Pelosi, I am proud that our Congresswoman is standing with small-business owners and Missourians in the 8th District.
DRU C. REEVES, 1133 Cypress Ct., Cape Girardeau, MO 63701