- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Tommy Sowers, tell the truth
Tommy, tell the truth: Tommy Sowers has repeatedly submitted misinformation about Jo Ann Emerson to this publication.
Jo Ann has voted against pay raises for members of Congress for as long as she's been there. In fact, she's cosponsored legislation to automatically stop pay raises. She authored a constitutional amendment to require a balanced budget and repeatedly votes against billions in new spending, not just in appropriations, but also in the trillion-dollar health care bill Mr. Sowers says he would have supported.
Mr. Sowers, though you'll continue to try, you can't pin the blame for the actions of this liberal Congress on Jo Ann Emerson. While you seek to join Nancy Pelosi's majority as a reliable vote for their jobs-killing agenda, Jo Ann is fighting them every step of the way.
JORDAN CLOTHIER, 400 Broadway, Suite 502, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702
Paid for by Team Emerson