- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
- Cape's casino flourishing as it celebrates fifth year (10/22/17)4
Tommy Sowers, tell the truth
Tommy, tell the truth: Tommy Sowers has repeatedly submitted misinformation about Jo Ann Emerson to this publication.
Jo Ann has voted against pay raises for members of Congress for as long as she's been there. In fact, she's cosponsored legislation to automatically stop pay raises. She authored a constitutional amendment to require a balanced budget and repeatedly votes against billions in new spending, not just in appropriations, but also in the trillion-dollar health care bill Mr. Sowers says he would have supported.
Mr. Sowers, though you'll continue to try, you can't pin the blame for the actions of this liberal Congress on Jo Ann Emerson. While you seek to join Nancy Pelosi's majority as a reliable vote for their jobs-killing agenda, Jo Ann is fighting them every step of the way.
JORDAN CLOTHIER, 400 Broadway, Suite 502, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702
Paid for by Team Emerson