- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Tommy Sowers, tell the truth
Tommy, tell the truth: Tommy Sowers has repeatedly submitted misinformation about Jo Ann Emerson to this publication.
Jo Ann has voted against pay raises for members of Congress for as long as she's been there. In fact, she's cosponsored legislation to automatically stop pay raises. She authored a constitutional amendment to require a balanced budget and repeatedly votes against billions in new spending, not just in appropriations, but also in the trillion-dollar health care bill Mr. Sowers says he would have supported.
Mr. Sowers, though you'll continue to try, you can't pin the blame for the actions of this liberal Congress on Jo Ann Emerson. While you seek to join Nancy Pelosi's majority as a reliable vote for their jobs-killing agenda, Jo Ann is fighting them every step of the way.
JORDAN CLOTHIER, 400 Broadway, Suite 502, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702
Paid for by Team Emerson