- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Tommy Sowers, tell the truth
Tommy, tell the truth: Tommy Sowers has repeatedly submitted misinformation about Jo Ann Emerson to this publication.
Jo Ann has voted against pay raises for members of Congress for as long as she's been there. In fact, she's cosponsored legislation to automatically stop pay raises. She authored a constitutional amendment to require a balanced budget and repeatedly votes against billions in new spending, not just in appropriations, but also in the trillion-dollar health care bill Mr. Sowers says he would have supported.
Mr. Sowers, though you'll continue to try, you can't pin the blame for the actions of this liberal Congress on Jo Ann Emerson. While you seek to join Nancy Pelosi's majority as a reliable vote for their jobs-killing agenda, Jo Ann is fighting them every step of the way.
JORDAN CLOTHIER, 400 Broadway, Suite 502, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702
Paid for by Team Emerson