- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Tommy Sowers, tell the truth
Tommy, tell the truth: Tommy Sowers has repeatedly submitted misinformation about Jo Ann Emerson to this publication.
Jo Ann has voted against pay raises for members of Congress for as long as she's been there. In fact, she's cosponsored legislation to automatically stop pay raises. She authored a constitutional amendment to require a balanced budget and repeatedly votes against billions in new spending, not just in appropriations, but also in the trillion-dollar health care bill Mr. Sowers says he would have supported.
Mr. Sowers, though you'll continue to try, you can't pin the blame for the actions of this liberal Congress on Jo Ann Emerson. While you seek to join Nancy Pelosi's majority as a reliable vote for their jobs-killing agenda, Jo Ann is fighting them every step of the way.
JORDAN CLOTHIER, 400 Broadway, Suite 502, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702
Paid for by Team Emerson