- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Sheriff's department asks for help in Millersville fire investigations
The Cape County Sheriff's Department is asking for the public's help in conducting an investigation on two suspicious fires near Millersville.
Deputies and the Millersville Fire Department responded to County Road 459 Monday and found a barn on the property there destroyed by fire. When the owner of the barn, Gary Wendell, arrived on scene he found his previous residence across the street was also destroyed by a fire.
In a news release sent Wednesday, the sheriff's office said the home must have burned over the weekend.
Anyone with information on the fires is asked to call 243-3551 or submit a tip at www.capecountysheriff.org.
County Road No. 459, Millersville, MO