- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)3
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)62
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
Area calendar 8/18/10
* Cape Youth Tackle Football: Registration for the Cape Youth Tackle Football League's 30th year is open. The league is open to players entering grades 2 through 7. Registration will take place from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Osage Community Centre. Cost: $65 for grades 2 and 3, and $85 for grades 4 through 7. All football equipment is provided, except cleats. Teams will play six games. Team practices begin Aug. 31. Info: Troy Vaughn, 334-3479.
* Youth flag football: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department's NFL Youth Flag Football league for players ages 5 to 12 is under way. Participants can register 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the A.C. Brase Building. Deadline: Friday. Games will be played Saturday afternoons beginning in September. Cost: $50, which includes an NFL replica jersey and flag belt. Info: Chris, 334-2523.
* Adult flag football: Registration is open for the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department's adult flag football league, which begins play Sept. 26. Games will be held Sunday afternoons/evenings and Thursday evenings at Arena Park. Players must be at least 17 years old. Cost: $250.00 per team. Teams will receive a minimum of eight games. Deadline: Sept. 7. Info: Heather Davis, 339-6340.
* Counseling foundation tourney: The Community Counseling Center Foundation's benefit tournament will take place Oct. 1 at Cape Girardeau Country Club. The four-person shamble will begin at 1 p.m. after an 11:30 a.m. lunch. Cost: $100. Deadline: Sept. 20. Info: Larry Essner, 339-6512.
Submit items by mail, fax or e-mail to be included in the calendar as space permits.