- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Area calendar 8/18/10
* Cape Youth Tackle Football: Registration for the Cape Youth Tackle Football League's 30th year is open. The league is open to players entering grades 2 through 7. Registration will take place from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Osage Community Centre. Cost: $65 for grades 2 and 3, and $85 for grades 4 through 7. All football equipment is provided, except cleats. Teams will play six games. Team practices begin Aug. 31. Info: Troy Vaughn, 334-3479.
* Youth flag football: The Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department's NFL Youth Flag Football league for players ages 5 to 12 is under way. Participants can register 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday at the A.C. Brase Building. Deadline: Friday. Games will be played Saturday afternoons beginning in September. Cost: $50, which includes an NFL replica jersey and flag belt. Info: Chris, 334-2523.
* Adult flag football: Registration is open for the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department's adult flag football league, which begins play Sept. 26. Games will be held Sunday afternoons/evenings and Thursday evenings at Arena Park. Players must be at least 17 years old. Cost: $250.00 per team. Teams will receive a minimum of eight games. Deadline: Sept. 7. Info: Heather Davis, 339-6340.
* Counseling foundation tourney: The Community Counseling Center Foundation's benefit tournament will take place Oct. 1 at Cape Girardeau Country Club. The four-person shamble will begin at 1 p.m. after an 11:30 a.m. lunch. Cost: $100. Deadline: Sept. 20. Info: Larry Essner, 339-6512.
Submit items by mail, fax or e-mail to be included in the calendar as space permits.