- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
One-car accident claims the life of Illinois man
A 23-year-old Wolf Lake, Ill., man is dead following a one-car accident west of Jackson on Sunday morning.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Brandon L. Dodson's car was traveling east on Highway 34 at 4 a.m. when it ran off the road, struck an embankment and tree before overturning and ejecting him. He was not wearing a seat belt.
Dodson was pronounced dead by Cape Girardeau County Coroner John Clifton.