- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
GM creating jobs - in Mexico
The Wall Street Journal announced General Motors is committing $500 million to start a production line on a new car and new engine. GM is expected to create 390 new jobs while saving 400 other jobs. The cars will be exported. Great news, if you live in Mexico, where the plant is going.
General Motors, facing bankruptcy, was bailed out by American taxpayers to the tune of over $50 billion.
It is quite disingenuous that GM would not place such an investment in the U.S. They might have used the abandoned Chrysler plant in Fenton. The last time I drove past it had a big "Available" sign on it.
GM had a profitable quarter and appears to be rebounding. They intend to sell taxpayers' common stock interest to pay us off. Our stock will be sold too cheaply, and Wall Street insiders will again benefit. Is Congress paying attention?
LARRY BILL, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755
Paid for by Committee to Elect Lawrence David Bill for Congress, Daniel Ray Brown, Treasurer, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755