- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
People on the move 8/16/10
Willey, Zachariah join Saint Francis Medical Center
Saint Francis Medical Center has added board certified internal medicine physician Dr. Jay D. Willey and board certified endocrinologist Dr. Phenu Zachariah to its medical staff. Willey brings more than 20 years of experience to Cape Physician Associates. He earned his medical degree at the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield, Ill., and completed a residency in internal medicine and pediatrics at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. Zachariah has joined Dr. Ahmad Z. Sheikh at Cape Diabetes and Endocrinology. He earned his medical degree from the Midwestern University Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed a fellowship in endocrinology at the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science Chicago Medical School and a residency in internal medicine at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, Ill. He is board eligible in endocrinology and metabolism. Certified as a clinical densitometrist by the International Society for Clinical Densitometry, Zachariah has experience working particularly with older male VA patients, helping them detect and prevent early signs of osteoporosis.
Agents at Elite Travel Inc. earn cruise line certifications
Elite Travel Inc. president and CEO Carolyn Kempf and agent Shannon Thompson recently completed the Norwegian cruise line's University Certification Degree. The year-long program provides details on the cruise line's Freestyle Cruising, its fleet and ports. Elite Travel was founded in 1992 in Cape Girardeau.
Voelker opens new insurance agency in Cape Girardeau
Carol Voelker recently opened Voelker Insurance Agency at 1749F Independence St. in Cape Girardeau. She has 18 years of experience in the insurance industry and also worked in finance. After working as an agent at Acceptance Insurance for the past four and a half years, she has now taken over the business and renamed it. Voelker Insurance offers home, mobile home, renters, health and life insurance.
Cape Spine & Neurosurgery clinic now open
Cape Spine & Neurosurgery led by Dr. Brandon J. Scott, opened Aug. 2 at 3250 Gordonville Road, Suite 450 in Cape Girardeau. The practice is a partner of Saint Francis Medical Center. Cape Spine & Neurosurgery provides diagnosis of and surgical interventions for complicated disorders of the brain, spine and nerves. Scott earned his medical degree from the University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine in Kansas City, Mo. He completed residencies in neurological surgery at Grandview Medical Center in Dayton, Ohio, which included one year at Saint Francis and an internship at Grandview Medical Center.
People on the Move items must be received by 2 p.m. Thursday to appear Monday. Submit items by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 334-7288 or by mail to P.O. Box 699, Cape Girardeau, MO 63702.