- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Scott City couple charged with making meth while children present
BENTON, Mo. -- A Scott City couple accused of making methamphetamine had four children ages 1 to 6 in their home when it was raided, Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter said Friday in a news release.
Tracy K. Williams, 44, and Brandy S. Williams, 28, both of 919 First St. East, face felony charges of manufacturing a controlled substance in a residence with children, charges which carry a penalty of 10 to 30 years or life in prison.
Scott County Prosecuting Attorney Paul Boyd also charged the pair with one count each of felony possession of drugs and four felony counts each of endangering the welfare of a child. Those counts each carry a maximum penalty of seven years in prison.
Deputies served a search warrant at the Williams' residence late Wednesday night based on an investigation that showed narcotics were being used there, Walter said. During the search, deputies found chemicals commonly used to make methamphetamine, other chemicals, drug paraphernalia and a white powder believed to be methamphetamine, he said.
Bond was set at $100,000 for Tracy Williams and $50,000 for Brandy Williams. The children were turned over to the Missouri Children's Division and placed in foster care, Walter said.
Tracy Williams is on probation for 2007 charges of possession of drugs and resisting arrest.
919 First St. East, Scott City, MO