- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Scott City couple charged with making meth while children present
BENTON, Mo. -- A Scott City couple accused of making methamphetamine had four children ages 1 to 6 in their home when it was raided, Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter said Friday in a news release.
Tracy K. Williams, 44, and Brandy S. Williams, 28, both of 919 First St. East, face felony charges of manufacturing a controlled substance in a residence with children, charges which carry a penalty of 10 to 30 years or life in prison.
Scott County Prosecuting Attorney Paul Boyd also charged the pair with one count each of felony possession of drugs and four felony counts each of endangering the welfare of a child. Those counts each carry a maximum penalty of seven years in prison.
Deputies served a search warrant at the Williams' residence late Wednesday night based on an investigation that showed narcotics were being used there, Walter said. During the search, deputies found chemicals commonly used to make methamphetamine, other chemicals, drug paraphernalia and a white powder believed to be methamphetamine, he said.
Bond was set at $100,000 for Tracy Williams and $50,000 for Brandy Williams. The children were turned over to the Missouri Children's Division and placed in foster care, Walter said.
Tracy Williams is on probation for 2007 charges of possession of drugs and resisting arrest.
919 First St. East, Scott City, MO