- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
John D. Poston, 89, of St. Louis died Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2010, at St. Anthony De Graaff Hospice Center in St. Louis.
He was born May 19, 1921, in Whitewater, to John L. and Lena Sprengel Poston.
John grew up in Whitewater before working at Leming Lumber Co. for years. He then moved to St. Louis, where he worked for Bemis Bag Co. 38 years. John was a 67-year member of Whitewater Masonic Lodge 417, where he practiced the Scottish Rite 50 years. He was of the Baptist belief and a member of Order of Eastern Star.
Survivors include a brother, Howard (Charlotte) Poston of St. Louis; three nephews, Herbert Poston of Fort Mill, S.C., Norman Poston Jr. of Dallas, Texas, Allen John Poston of Papillion, Neb.; four nieces, Dorothy Poston of Cape Girardeau, Joyce Parker of Whitewater, Patricia Moore of Jackson, and Lisa Smallwood of St. Louis.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to service time Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel in Cape Girardeau. Masonic service will be conducted at 12:30 p.m. by Whitewater Masonic Lodge.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Joe Allen officiating. Burial will be in Barks Chapel Cemetery at Crump.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.