- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Cape Girardeau County Commission approves road improvement contract
At Thursday's Cape Girardeau County Commission meeting commissioners approved a contract with Jokerst Inc., of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., for grading improvements on County Roads 365 and 343. The contract is worth $134,082.
Commissioners Paul Koeper and Jay Purcell both voted to approve the contract. Presiding commissioner Gerald Jones was not present at Thursday's meeting.
1 Barton Square, Jackson, MO