- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Ripley County hospital considering partnership with Southeast Missouri Hospital
Ripley County and Ripley County Memorial Hospital in Doniphan, Mo., are exploring the possibility of entering into an affiliation with Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
"An affiliation with Ripley County Memorial is consistent with our strategy as a regional health system," said Southeast Missouri Hospital president and CEO Debbie Linnes.
Southeast Missouri Hospital has paid a $350,000 rent deposit to Ripley County Memorial Hospital.
The exact form of the new partnership will depend on the results of a feasibility study being conducted by the hospitals over the next two months, according to a news release issued Tuesday by Southeast Missouri Hospital.
Ripley County Memorial opened in 1960 and has 30 beds. It employs three doctors, two nurse practitioners and 125 total staff.
In addition to operating the hospital, Ripley Memorial also operates a home health agency and a rural health clinic.
Linnes said the new relationship solidifies Southeast Missouri Hospital's commitment to working in cooperation and coordination with health care providers throughout its service area. It will also streamline access to specialties currently not available at Ripley County Memorial.
At its meeting July 28, the Ripley County Commission unanimously endorsed the concept of Ripley County Memorial Hospital exploring an affiliation with Southeast Missouri Hospital.
1701 Lacey St., Cape Girardeau