- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Where is our rage, America?
Here is a synopsis of an article I read in the Press Trust of India. All I can say is, "Where is your rage, America?"
"When will the U.S. government as well as citizens realize that we can never win the war in Afghanistan? We will certainly lose thousands more of our young men and women in this ghastly war so long as Pakistan covertly supplies intelligence, ammunition and moral support to Taliban and al-Qaida. When will the U.S. government accept the reality that democracy in Pakistan is a sham and the elected leaders of the government are nothing more than puppets in the hands of the army generals and the dreaded Inter-Service Intelligence, which is run by Taliban sympathizers?
"Did you know that according to the prestigious Pew Research Center opinion poll carried out in Pakistan recently, though terror groups and suicide bombers continue to strike in their country, and in spite of billions of dollars sent to Pakistan by the U.S., a majority of Pakistanis view America as an enemy and are far less concerned about Taliban and al-Qaida?
"Did you know that in this survey the U.S. image in Pakistan was at its lowest ever among the 22 nations included in the poll? Fifty-nine percent of the respondents described America as an enemy, and only 8 percent trusted President Barack Obama. America, the enemy!
"The poll also revealed that Pakistanis saw little threat from Taliban and al-Qaida, and only 25 percent of the people said it would be bad for Islamabad if the Taliban takes over again Afghanistan. While 18 percent said it would be good for Pakistan, 57 percent were not concerned. State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley conceded that there is a huge trust deficit between the U.S. and Pakistan.
"The recently leaked Pentagon documents should confirm our suspicion that the billions of dollars we send to Pakistan every year to fight terrorism are actually funneled to Taliban and al-Qaida to kill our young men and women. Such is the duplicity of Pakistanis."
My fellow Americans, where is your outrage?
Dr. K.P.S. Kamath is a Cape Girardeau psychiatrist.