- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Jeanette A. Leimer, 86, of Jackson passed away Friday, July 30, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 13, 1924, in Burfordville, daughter of Rufus and Flora Allen Moore. She and Clyde A. Walton were married in 1937. He passed away in January 1986. She and Gilbert Leimer were married July 11, 1987. He passed away Jan. 7, 2010.
Jeanette was a member of St. John's Lutheran Church in Pocahontas. She was a very active volunteer for the Jackson Senior Citizens Center, Jackson Food Pantry, American Red Cross, and United Way. She worked at the former Florsheim Shoe Co. in Cape Girardeau. She was an avid musician.
Loving survivors include a son, Larry (Judy) Walton of Colorado Springs, Colo.; a daughter, Barbara Y. (Gary) Mosley of Hannibal, Mo.; a brother, Roy Moore of Michigan; 10 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Patricia Walton; and four brothers.
There will be no service.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center's website at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials be made to St. John Lutheran Church or Cemetery Fund, Jackson Senior Citizens Center, American Red Cross, or Jackson Food Pantry.