- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Sikeston man charged with 10 counts of statutory sodomy
BENTON, Mo. -- A Sikeston man was arrested Friday for allegedly having sexual relations with a 6-year-old girl.
Ronald L. Parkhurst, 32, 943 County Road 518, faces 10 counts of first-degree statutory sodomy, according Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter.
Missouri Children's Division investigator Jane Wyman and Scott County Sheriff's Deputy Darrin Sides went to the Parkhurst home Wednesday in response to a hotline call alleging that Parkhurst was molesting the girl.
During an interview conducted by the SEMO Network Against Sexual Violence, the 6-year-old described inappropriate sexual acts that occurred while in the shower with Parkhurst multiple times since June.
Parkhurst remained in custody Friday afternoon with a bond set at $150,000 cash only.