- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Holzum - Meier
Shelly Marie Holzum and Benjamin Stephen Meier were married April 10, 2010, at Immaculate Conception Church in Jackson. Deacon Walter Biri and the Rev. William Hennecke performed the ceremony. Pianist was Jerry Ganiel of Jackson, and soloist was Roni Putz of Millersville. Music was presented by a trio consisting of Janell Hinkebein, Michelle Spooler and Jane Oehl, all of Jackson.
Parents of the couple are Theodore and Vicki Holzum and Stephen and Teresa Meier of Jackson.
Matron of honor was Katie Miesner of Frohna, Mo., cousin of the groom. Bridesmaids were Mindy Ruch of Oak Ridge; Laura Booth of Leopold, Mo., cousin of the bride; Kristyna Meier of Altenburg, Mo., sister-in-law of the groom; and Amy Thomas of Jackson.
Mike Putz of Millersville was best man. Groomsmen were Charlie Meier of Jackson and Adam Meier of Altenburg, brothers of the groom; Robert Holzum of Jackson, brother of the bride; John Nothdurft of Gordonville, and Doug Ludwig of Jackson. Ushers were Chad Miesner of Frohna and Matt Schoen of Jackson, cousin of the groom.
Candlelighters were Chad and Katie Miesner.
Flower girl was Taylor Nothdurft of Gordonville.
The reception was held at Bavarian Halle.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner April 9 in the church fellowship hall.
Mrs. Meier is a 2001 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in elementary education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2005. She is a fourth grade teacher with Scott City School District.
The groom is a 2002 graduate of Jackson High School. He is employed by Standley Batch Systems.
After a wedding trip to New Orleans, La., and Pensacola Beach, Fla., the couple is residing in Jackson.