- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Harold J. Dunn, 86, of Chaffee died Thursday, July 29, 2010, at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Sept. 10, 1923, at Advance, Mo., son of James E. and Grace Bollinger Dunn. He and Ruth Jones were married May 22, 1946.
Harold was a manager of propane gas plants in Pekin, Ill., Monticello, Ind., and Ankeny, Iowa. He was a member of First United Methodist Church in Chaffee, Masonic Lodge in Monticello and Chaffee VFW Post 3189.
He served with the U.S. Marine Air Corps as a corporal in the South Pacific during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Kathy (Charles) Christiansen of Sugar Grove, Ill.; two grandchildren, Adam Christiansen of DeKalb, Ill., and Andrew Christiansen of Aurora, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a son, James R. Dunn; and a brother.
Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. to service time Saturday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 11:30 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Vyron Yount officiating. Burial will be in Tilman Cemetery near Advance.