- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
SEALS Qualify For Championship Swim Meet
Nine athletes swimming for the SEALS Swim Team will represent Southeast Missouri at the Ozark Conference Long Course Championships on July 30, 31 and August 1, 2010. The annual conference championship swim meet will be held in Carbondale, IL and will be also be attended by 17 teams from southeast Missouri, St. Louis and southern Illinois. These SEAL swimmers are from the southeast Missouri cities of Jackson, Scott City and Cape Girardeau and are members of USA Swimming which is a national organization of swimmers.
The SEAL Swim Team is a year round competitive swim team that trains at the Southeast Missouri State University Aquatic Center. The team will be hosting try outs by appointment during the week of August 2. Athletes, ages 6 to 18, are welcome to try out for the team and will be placed in age groups appropriate for their age and level of ability. Dick Taylor, a 25 year veteran coach in USA swimming, is the head coach for the SEALS. He can be contacted to make an appointment for a try out at 412-526-8342 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.