- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)9
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)79
- Ragsdale to replace Farrow as principal at Franklin Elementary (3/29/17)5
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Suspended Southeast student pleads guilty to firearm charge from fatal Carbondale shooting (3/28/17)1
- Wide array of candidates run for Cape school board (3/27/17)7
SEALS Qualify For Championship Swim Meet
Nine athletes swimming for the SEALS Swim Team will represent Southeast Missouri at the Ozark Conference Long Course Championships on July 30, 31 and August 1, 2010. The annual conference championship swim meet will be held in Carbondale, IL and will be also be attended by 17 teams from southeast Missouri, St. Louis and southern Illinois. These SEAL swimmers are from the southeast Missouri cities of Jackson, Scott City and Cape Girardeau and are members of USA Swimming which is a national organization of swimmers.
The SEAL Swim Team is a year round competitive swim team that trains at the Southeast Missouri State University Aquatic Center. The team will be hosting try outs by appointment during the week of August 2. Athletes, ages 6 to 18, are welcome to try out for the team and will be placed in age groups appropriate for their age and level of ability. Dick Taylor, a 25 year veteran coach in USA swimming, is the head coach for the SEALS. He can be contacted to make an appointment for a try out at 412-526-8342 or by email at email@example.com.