- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
SEALS Qualify For Championship Swim Meet
Nine athletes swimming for the SEALS Swim Team will represent Southeast Missouri at the Ozark Conference Long Course Championships on July 30, 31 and August 1, 2010. The annual conference championship swim meet will be held in Carbondale, IL and will be also be attended by 17 teams from southeast Missouri, St. Louis and southern Illinois. These SEAL swimmers are from the southeast Missouri cities of Jackson, Scott City and Cape Girardeau and are members of USA Swimming which is a national organization of swimmers.
The SEAL Swim Team is a year round competitive swim team that trains at the Southeast Missouri State University Aquatic Center. The team will be hosting try outs by appointment during the week of August 2. Athletes, ages 6 to 18, are welcome to try out for the team and will be placed in age groups appropriate for their age and level of ability. Dick Taylor, a 25 year veteran coach in USA swimming, is the head coach for the SEALS. He can be contacted to make an appointment for a try out at 412-526-8342 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.