- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape city, civic leaders unveil downtown trolley service (7/14/17)6
- Park official: 5-year-old girl nearly drowns at Cape Splash, taken to hospital (7/12/17)4
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
SEALS Qualify For Championship Swim Meet
Nine athletes swimming for the SEALS Swim Team will represent Southeast Missouri at the Ozark Conference Long Course Championships on July 30, 31 and August 1, 2010. The annual conference championship swim meet will be held in Carbondale, IL and will be also be attended by 17 teams from southeast Missouri, St. Louis and southern Illinois. These SEAL swimmers are from the southeast Missouri cities of Jackson, Scott City and Cape Girardeau and are members of USA Swimming which is a national organization of swimmers.
The SEAL Swim Team is a year round competitive swim team that trains at the Southeast Missouri State University Aquatic Center. The team will be hosting try outs by appointment during the week of August 2. Athletes, ages 6 to 18, are welcome to try out for the team and will be placed in age groups appropriate for their age and level of ability. Dick Taylor, a 25 year veteran coach in USA swimming, is the head coach for the SEALS. He can be contacted to make an appointment for a try out at 412-526-8342 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.