- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)20
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
SEALS Qualify For Championship Swim Meet
Nine athletes swimming for the SEALS Swim Team will represent Southeast Missouri at the Ozark Conference Long Course Championships on July 30, 31 and August 1, 2010. The annual conference championship swim meet will be held in Carbondale, IL and will be also be attended by 17 teams from southeast Missouri, St. Louis and southern Illinois. These SEAL swimmers are from the southeast Missouri cities of Jackson, Scott City and Cape Girardeau and are members of USA Swimming which is a national organization of swimmers.
The SEAL Swim Team is a year round competitive swim team that trains at the Southeast Missouri State University Aquatic Center. The team will be hosting try outs by appointment during the week of August 2. Athletes, ages 6 to 18, are welcome to try out for the team and will be placed in age groups appropriate for their age and level of ability. Dick Taylor, a 25 year veteran coach in USA swimming, is the head coach for the SEALS. He can be contacted to make an appointment for a try out at 412-526-8342 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.