- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Chantelle Becking strives to make a difference through her family and community (11/10/17)
- Federal jury finds surgeon Fonn guilty of kickback scheme (11/10/17)4
- Residents view pedestrian bridge as eyesore; city manager says it's designed to rust (11/13/17)8
- Jackson elementary students try to help others with 'kindness boxes' (11/6/17)1
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Search reveals body in lake near Poplar Bluff; foul play suspected (11/12/17)
SEALS Qualify For Championship Swim Meet
Nine athletes swimming for the SEALS Swim Team will represent Southeast Missouri at the Ozark Conference Long Course Championships on July 30, 31 and August 1, 2010. The annual conference championship swim meet will be held in Carbondale, IL and will be also be attended by 17 teams from southeast Missouri, St. Louis and southern Illinois. These SEAL swimmers are from the southeast Missouri cities of Jackson, Scott City and Cape Girardeau and are members of USA Swimming which is a national organization of swimmers.
The SEAL Swim Team is a year round competitive swim team that trains at the Southeast Missouri State University Aquatic Center. The team will be hosting try outs by appointment during the week of August 2. Athletes, ages 6 to 18, are welcome to try out for the team and will be placed in age groups appropriate for their age and level of ability. Dick Taylor, a 25 year veteran coach in USA swimming, is the head coach for the SEALS. He can be contacted to make an appointment for a try out at 412-526-8342 or by email at email@example.com.