- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)8
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
Vote yes on Proposition C
On July 18, The Missouri Libertarian Party endorsed Proposition C. As the uncontested Libertarian candidate for U.S. Congress, I have chosen to focus the efforts of my campaign on helping to pass Prop C during the months leading up the primary.
Missourians have an unprecedented opportunity to push back against the ObamaCare mandate of being fined by the IRS for choosing not to buy health insurance. The measure also protects doctors from being forced into the government insurance scheme by allowing them to work for cash payments if they choose.
Please help defend our state against unconstitutional federal acts. Vote yes for Prop C on the Aug. 3 primary ballot.
RICK VANDEVEN, Candidate, U.S. Congress, Missouri 8th Congressional District, Libertarian Party. 724 Helen Ave., Chaffee, MO 63740