- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Police: Man beats pregnant wife, throws her down stairs, abandons her on side of road (3/14/17)17
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cape's 24-hour endurance run keeps growing; some will run more than 100 miles beginning Friday night (3/15/17)1
Vote yes on Proposition C
On July 18, The Missouri Libertarian Party endorsed Proposition C. As the uncontested Libertarian candidate for U.S. Congress, I have chosen to focus the efforts of my campaign on helping to pass Prop C during the months leading up the primary.
Missourians have an unprecedented opportunity to push back against the ObamaCare mandate of being fined by the IRS for choosing not to buy health insurance. The measure also protects doctors from being forced into the government insurance scheme by allowing them to work for cash payments if they choose.
Please help defend our state against unconstitutional federal acts. Vote yes for Prop C on the Aug. 3 primary ballot.
RICK VANDEVEN, Candidate, U.S. Congress, Missouri 8th Congressional District, Libertarian Party. 724 Helen Ave., Chaffee, MO 63740