- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
Emerson is advocate for unborn
Jo Ann Emerson opposes partial-birth abortion, the abortion pill and taxpayer-funded abortions, which are already being offered under government insurance products. She supports overturning Roe v. Wade and protecting the consciences of doctors and hospitals which object to abortion practices.
Nancy Pelosi is not ashamed about the fact that this government passes bills and leaves it to us to find out what is in them after the fact. Fortunately, Jo Ann stands up for the unborn and is a voice in Washington for the most vulnerable among us, and that's why Missouri Right to Life has endorsed her. We need her voice and her example in Congress today for the rights of the unborn, now more than ever.
LISA REITZEL, 7349 State Highway N,
Whitewater, MO 63785