- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
Don't vote for Jay Purcell Aug. 3
Jay Purcell already holds a commission seat, and to vote him in as presiding commissioner would result in a Democratic governor appointing his replacement. Do we want that?
Purcell does not do the job he holds, so why should he have the responsibility of dealing with major businesses or budget control?
His current track record is less than stellar, not doing his duties and taking an obtuse position on anything that's good for the county.
1. Costing the county $28,000 with his lawsuit against himself.
2. Secretly recording private conversations and closed meetings.
3. Selling condemned property without disclosure -- lawsuit pending.
4. Failure to pay taxes in a timely manner -- two years late.
5. Telling candidates he would not seek the presiding commissioner's job so the field would get crowded and he, as an incumbent, would have a better chance to win.
6. He does not understand the basis of the budget process. He does not serve the county. He serves only himself. See him for what he is: a mental midget with delusions of grandeur.
J.F. GAMBILL, 625 Sylvan Lane, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701