- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)1
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)6
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools purchased former orchard land, will lease for farming for now (2/15/18)
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
Emerson voted with Pelosi
I had to chuckle when I heard seven-term incumbent Jo Ann Emerson on the radio, after condemning Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, declare, "I'm mad too!" Where was this outrage when she voted with Nancy for bank bailouts that resulted in making Goldman Sachs whole? When she voted with Nancy for Cash for Clunkers that resulted in costing taxpayers $24,000 per car? When she voted with Nancy to bail out Chrysler, the immediate effect of which was shipping manufacturing jobs from Fenton, Mo., to Mexico?
Where is Jo Ann Emerson's rage today when she is listed as a co-sponsor of a bill to force unionization of local governments nationwide, the mirror of a bill Harry Reid sponsors in the Senate?
It's not enough to be mad. You must be principled and effective. Our campaign focuses on long-standing problems like limiting the growth of government, stopping illegal immigration and gaining energy independence.
LARRY BILL, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755
Paid for by Committee to Elect Lawrence David Bill for Congress, Daniel Ray Brown, Treasurer, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755