- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Police: Man beats pregnant wife, throws her down stairs, abandons her on side of road (3/14/17)17
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cape's 24-hour endurance run keeps growing; some will run more than 100 miles beginning Friday night (3/15/17)1
Emerson voted with Pelosi
I had to chuckle when I heard seven-term incumbent Jo Ann Emerson on the radio, after condemning Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, declare, "I'm mad too!" Where was this outrage when she voted with Nancy for bank bailouts that resulted in making Goldman Sachs whole? When she voted with Nancy for Cash for Clunkers that resulted in costing taxpayers $24,000 per car? When she voted with Nancy to bail out Chrysler, the immediate effect of which was shipping manufacturing jobs from Fenton, Mo., to Mexico?
Where is Jo Ann Emerson's rage today when she is listed as a co-sponsor of a bill to force unionization of local governments nationwide, the mirror of a bill Harry Reid sponsors in the Senate?
It's not enough to be mad. You must be principled and effective. Our campaign focuses on long-standing problems like limiting the growth of government, stopping illegal immigration and gaining energy independence.
LARRY BILL, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755
Paid for by Committee to Elect Lawrence David Bill for Congress, Daniel Ray Brown, Treasurer, 2543 Prairie View Trail, Jackson, MO 63755