- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Rodney Wayne Sawyer, 60, of Salisbury, Mo., formerly of Jackson, passed away Thursday, Jan. 28, 2010, at Chariton Park Nursing Home in Salisbury.
He was born Aug. 11, 1949, in Cape Girardeau, son of Billy Ray and Dorothy Criddle Sawyer.
Sawyer worked at the former Florsheim Shoe Co. in Cape Girardeau.
Loving survivors include his mother and stepfather, Dorothy and Howard Taylor of Lynchburg, Va.; three sisters, Marka Sawyer of Kansas City, Mo., Pamela Sawyer of Charlottesville, Va., Pennie Johnston of Earlysville, Va.; and a son, David Wayne Sawyer.
He was preceded in death by his father; and a brother, Steven Sawyer.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at First Baptist Church of Oak Ridge, with the Rev. Jon Sedgwick officiating. A private committal service will be held at Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to First Baptist Church of Oak Ridge.
Announcement by McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.