- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PATTON, Mo. -- Velda Marie Pogue, 79, of Patton died Sunday, July 25, 2010, in St. Charles, Mo.
She was born Dec. 14, 1930, at Patton, daughter of Truman and Mattie Mungle Heitman. She and William T. Pogue were married Dec. 18, 1949. He died Dec. 2, 1998.
Mrs. Pogue was a member of Reagan's Chapel United Methodist Church and its United Methodist Women, a former member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Perryville, Mo., a member of Blue Creek Quilters Club, Friendly Homemakers of Patton, and was a Girl Scout leader many years.
Survivors include three daughters, Deborah K. Edwards, Susan L. Johnson and Joyce L. Pogue, all of St. Charles; six sisters, Maxine Fulton of Patton, Faye Bollinger and Donna Yount of Sedgewickville, Mo., Lauretta Welker of Patton, Jackie Varner of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., Sharran Seabaugh of Patton; seven grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; and a daughter, Diana Karnes.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Patton, and from 10 a.m. to service time Thursday at Reagan's Chapel Church.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at the church, with the Revs. Rod Welker and Bob Eisenhauer officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.