- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
Rodney "Rod" Metzger, 45, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Patton, Mo., died Friday, July 23, 2010, at his home.
He was born Aug. 30, 1964, in Flint, Mich., to William J. and Ruth Lucy Wilson Metzger Jr. He and Debra Griffith were married Jan. 20, 2000.
Rodney was a member of Seventh-day Adventist Church. He was an avid motorcycle and gun enthusiast.
Survivors include his wife, Debra Metzger of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Cheyenne Metzger of Durant, Mich.; a son, Dakota Metzger of Cape Girardeau; two stepsons, Tommy and Michael Richard of Lehigh Acres, Fla.; two stepdaughters, Amanda Richard of Lehigh Acres, Arwen Passini of Durant; two brothers, Michael and Doug Metzger of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Nancy Halbrook of Marquand, Mo.; a granddaughter, Alexianna Metzger of Durant; nieces and nephews; other relatives and many friends.
Rodney was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 2 p.m. to service time Sunday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with Brett Randall officiating.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family to offset funeral expenses and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, please visit www.crainsonline.com.