- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Rodney "Rod" Metzger, 45, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Patton, Mo., died Friday, July 23, 2010, at his home.
He was born Aug. 30, 1964, in Flint, Mich., to William J. and Ruth Lucy Wilson Metzger Jr. He and Debra Griffith were married Jan. 20, 2000.
Rodney was a member of Seventh-day Adventist Church. He was an avid motorcycle and gun enthusiast.
Survivors include his wife, Debra Metzger of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Cheyenne Metzger of Durant, Mich.; a son, Dakota Metzger of Cape Girardeau; two stepsons, Tommy and Michael Richard of Lehigh Acres, Fla.; two stepdaughters, Amanda Richard of Lehigh Acres, Arwen Passini of Durant; two brothers, Michael and Doug Metzger of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Nancy Halbrook of Marquand, Mo.; a granddaughter, Alexianna Metzger of Durant; nieces and nephews; other relatives and many friends.
Rodney was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 2 p.m. to service time Sunday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with Brett Randall officiating.
Memorial contributions may be made to the family to offset funeral expenses and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, please visit www.crainsonline.com.