- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ORAN, Mo. -- Joe Buell, 96, of Oran died Sunday, July 25, 2010, at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 13, 1913, in Hymera, Ind., son of Roy and Lettie Agnes Wilkins Buell.
Joe was a self-employed farmer. He was a member of First Baptist Church of Morley, Mo., and Morley VFW Post 5368.
He served with the Army during World War II.
Survivors include a son, Billy Joe Buell of Delta; several grandchildren; great-grandchildren; nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a brother and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Jack Bishop officiating. Burial will be in Friend Cemetery at Oran, with full military rites by Missouri Military Honors.