- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)12
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)14
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)12
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
Bikers get U.G.L.Y. in 3rd Annual Poker Run for MS
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society holds the U.G.L.Y. (Understanding Generous Lovable You) Bartender Challenge each year between May and September. Bars throughout the Gateway Area Chapter compete to see who can raise the most money for MS. Some bars sell promotional items, while others heat up the competition by hosting events such as the one coming up on Saturday, August 7, 2010.
Motorcyclists from across the tri-state area will come together to get U.G.L.Y. for MS. The poker run will begin at Willa's Get Away, located at 41220 State Highway 3 in McClure, Illinois. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. with the last bike out by 11:00 a.m. Participants will ride 100 miles through beautiful southern Illinois stopping at Fuzzy's in Cobden, Midland Inn in Murphysboro and the Duck Inn in Wolf Lake before ending their ride at Willa's. Bikes are $10.00 for a single, $15.00 for a double and $10.00 for each extra hand. Cars and trucks are also welcome at $10.00 per hand.
For those who do not have an interest in the poker run, there will also be a live auction, a bake sale, a karaoke contest, door prizes, a pool tournament, 50/50 drawings and a raffle with all proceeds going to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. For this event only, free camping is being provided to those who want to drink responsibly. For more info, call Willa: 618-661-1033.