- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)22
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Bikers get U.G.L.Y. in 3rd Annual Poker Run for MS
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society holds the U.G.L.Y. (Understanding Generous Lovable You) Bartender Challenge each year between May and September. Bars throughout the Gateway Area Chapter compete to see who can raise the most money for MS. Some bars sell promotional items, while others heat up the competition by hosting events such as the one coming up on Saturday, August 7, 2010.
Motorcyclists from across the tri-state area will come together to get U.G.L.Y. for MS. The poker run will begin at Willa's Get Away, located at 41220 State Highway 3 in McClure, Illinois. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. with the last bike out by 11:00 a.m. Participants will ride 100 miles through beautiful southern Illinois stopping at Fuzzy's in Cobden, Midland Inn in Murphysboro and the Duck Inn in Wolf Lake before ending their ride at Willa's. Bikes are $10.00 for a single, $15.00 for a double and $10.00 for each extra hand. Cars and trucks are also welcome at $10.00 per hand.
For those who do not have an interest in the poker run, there will also be a live auction, a bake sale, a karaoke contest, door prizes, a pool tournament, 50/50 drawings and a raffle with all proceeds going to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. For this event only, free camping is being provided to those who want to drink responsibly. For more info, call Willa: 618-661-1033.