- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
Bikers get U.G.L.Y. in 3rd Annual Poker Run for MS
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society holds the U.G.L.Y. (Understanding Generous Lovable You) Bartender Challenge each year between May and September. Bars throughout the Gateway Area Chapter compete to see who can raise the most money for MS. Some bars sell promotional items, while others heat up the competition by hosting events such as the one coming up on Saturday, August 7, 2010.
Motorcyclists from across the tri-state area will come together to get U.G.L.Y. for MS. The poker run will begin at Willa's Get Away, located at 41220 State Highway 3 in McClure, Illinois. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. with the last bike out by 11:00 a.m. Participants will ride 100 miles through beautiful southern Illinois stopping at Fuzzy's in Cobden, Midland Inn in Murphysboro and the Duck Inn in Wolf Lake before ending their ride at Willa's. Bikes are $10.00 for a single, $15.00 for a double and $10.00 for each extra hand. Cars and trucks are also welcome at $10.00 per hand.
For those who do not have an interest in the poker run, there will also be a live auction, a bake sale, a karaoke contest, door prizes, a pool tournament, 50/50 drawings and a raffle with all proceeds going to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. For this event only, free camping is being provided to those who want to drink responsibly. For more info, call Willa: 618-661-1033.