- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Miner, Mo., teen charged with murder in Sikeston
SIKESTON, Mo. -- A Miner, Mo., teen has been charged with second-degree murder after a weekend death on Westview Street, according to a new release from the Sikeston Department of Public Safety.
Brianna M. Branson, 17, was charged Saturday night in the death of Kendra Nichole Gray, 18, of Sikeston. Branson also faces charges of tampering with evidence, leaving the scene and being a minor in possession of alcohol. Bond was set at $150,000 cash only. Branson remains in custody at the Scott County Jail.
Police initially responded to a call about a motor vehicle accident at 6 a.m. Saturday. Emergency responders found Gray lying dead in front of 908 Westview St.
According to the release, the two women got into a fight during a party at the Westview Street home. The fight continued outside.
"Based on the facts available to us it appears that while Branson was trying to leave she used her vehicle to scare or intimidate Gray by driving directly at her," the release said. "Gray, who was standing in the road, was struck shortly after Branson took off in her vehicle."