- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Miner, Mo., teen charged with murder in Sikeston
SIKESTON, Mo. -- A Miner, Mo., teen has been charged with second-degree murder after a weekend death on Westview Street, according to a new release from the Sikeston Department of Public Safety.
Brianna M. Branson, 17, was charged Saturday night in the death of Kendra Nichole Gray, 18, of Sikeston. Branson also faces charges of tampering with evidence, leaving the scene and being a minor in possession of alcohol. Bond was set at $150,000 cash only. Branson remains in custody at the Scott County Jail.
Police initially responded to a call about a motor vehicle accident at 6 a.m. Saturday. Emergency responders found Gray lying dead in front of 908 Westview St.
According to the release, the two women got into a fight during a party at the Westview Street home. The fight continued outside.
"Based on the facts available to us it appears that while Branson was trying to leave she used her vehicle to scare or intimidate Gray by driving directly at her," the release said. "Gray, who was standing in the road, was struck shortly after Branson took off in her vehicle."