- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Letty L. Bess, 94, of Advance died Saturday, July 24, 2010, at the home of her daughter in Advance. She was born Feb. 8, 1916, in McGee, Mo., the daughter of Noah and Martha Whitener Shell.
She married Clarence Dellinger, who preceded her in death. Later she married Erby Vanmatre, who preceded her, and then Evert Bess, who also preceded her in death.
Letty was a homemaker, a member of Hahn Chapel General Baptist Church at Marble Hill, Mo.
Survivors include a son, Wilson Dellinger of Puxico, Mo.; a daughter, Lucille Walker of Advance; a stepson, Richard Bess of Logan Port, Ind.; nine grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and five great-great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ray Placker officiating. Burial will follow in the Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill, Mo.