- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Steven Thomas II
Steven Thomas, age 30, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Scott City, died Friday, July 23, 2010, in the emergency room at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born in Chaffee, Mo., to Steve and Trish Harris Thomas, who survive, of Cape Girardeau.
He was in Local Labor 1104 of Cape Girardeau.
Steven's first love was to play on the Scott City High School Rams football team. One of Steven's greatest accomplishments was to be selected a linebacker for First Team Missouri All-State Football Team in 1998.
Survivors include his parents; a son, Logan Thomas, and a daughter, Brianna Thomas, both of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; a sister, Michelle (Sean) Dietrich of Chaffee, Mo.; two nieces, Maddison and Marrlana Dietrich of Chaffee; a special friend, Cheryl Barnett of Poplar Bluff; maternal grandmother Thelma Sullivan of Cape Girardeau; paternal grandmother Mary Thomas of Chaffee; an aunt, Diana (Doyle) Tankersley of Jefferson City, Mo.; two uncles, Jim (Betty) Thomas of Jackson and Robert Thomas of St. Charles, Mo.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to noon Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at noon Monday at the funeral chapel, with the Rev. Randy Tochtrop officiating.
Burial will be in St. Ambrose Catholic Cemetery in Chaffee.