- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Man who tackled prankster has charges dropped
BETHLEHEM, N.Y. -- A prosecutor has decided to drop charges against a man who chased and tackled a 14-year-old boy who rang his doorbell in a late-evening prank.
Daniel Van Plew of Bethlehem had been arrested and charged with endangering the welfare of a child after the July 17 incident.
A spokeswoman for Albany District Attorney David Soares has declined to explain why he decided not to prosecute.
Van Plew said he is grateful to have the matter behind him. An attorney for the teen's family called the decision to drop charges "political."
The boy was cut and scraped during the takedown, but not seriously hurt.