- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Sikeston teen dead after being hit by truck
SIKESTON, Mo. -- A Sikeston teen is dead after being hit by a truck early Saturday morning.
Around 5:50 a.m. the Sikeston Department of Public Safety was notified of the incident, which occurred in front of 908 Westview Drive in the Hunter Acres subdivision.
Sgt. Jim McMillen, public information officer for Department of Public Safety, said that investigators learned two teenage girls, one 17 and one 18, were in an altercation and then the 17-year-old, who was driving a truck, hit the 18-year-old, who was in the street. The victim died of her injuries.
"Right now, we're trying to determine if this is an accident or something that was done intentionally," McMillen said.