- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Wayne Richard Isaac, 74, of Chaffee passed away Wednesday, July 21, 2010, at his home.
He was born Sept. 23, 1935, in Cape Girardeau, son of George Eugene "Blue" and Clara Gertrude Strack Isaac.
Wayne worked at Grasher-Shy Grocery Store in Chaffee many years, delivering groceries to customers at their homes. He later was a floorman at Atlas Plastics in Cape Girardeau, retiring Jan. 17, 1986.
He was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and Men's Club, Knights of Columbus Council 4311 at Oran, Mo., and was a driver with Meals on Wheels program in Chaffee more than 15 years.
Survivors include a brother, Donald (Donna) Isaac of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Clara (Doc) Rushing of Fort Worth, Texas, Judy Isaac of San Antonio.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a nephew and a niece.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating.
Burial was Thursday in St. Mary's Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.