- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Mildred Hawkins Tipton, 95, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, July 20, 2010, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born April 13, 1915, in Stanton, Tenn., to Richard C. and Clara Bell Cook Hawkins. She and Henry Tipton were married Sept. 15, 1940, in Memphis, Tenn. He preceded her in death July 7, 2001.
Tipton was of the Methodist belief. She had been a member of PEO.
Survivors include two sons, Henry Tipton Jr. and wife Scarlette of Chattanooga, Tenn., Dr. Richard Tipton and wife Jane of Gordonville; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, a brother and two sisters.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be given to the Alzheimer's Association.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.