- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)20
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Hazel Ruth Clippard, 80, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, July 19, 2010, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born June 21, 1930, at Neelys Landing, to William Denver and Early Catherine Craft Thompson. Hazel married Clyde Edward Clippard on July 31, 1949, at New Bethel Baptist Church.
Hazel was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church and the WMU. She had taught Sunday school and vacation Bible school. She was a member of Cape Rock Chapter 60 Order of Eastern Star and was a past guardian of Bethel Chapter 51 Job's Daughters.
Survivors include her husband, Clyde of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Gay (Tom) Lee of Cape Girardeau, Joy (Don) McQuay of Jackson; a brother, Denzel (Carolyn) Thompson of Jackson; a sister, Blanch Johnson of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren, Jeremiah (Amanda) Lee, Joshua (Brittney) Lee, Joanna (Nathan) Sides, Joseph (Leslie) Hoover, Jonathan (Nadia) Hoover, and Shaelyne (Kyle) Meadows; four great-grandchildren, Tatum and Quinton Lee, Sophia Sides and Liam Meadows.
She was preceded in death by a brother, Pearl; and three sisters, Eloise, Janice and Velma.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson, with an Eastern Star service at 7. Visitation will also be from 9 a.m. to service time Thursday at Lynwood Baptist Church.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the church, with the Rev. Luther Rhodes officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Memorials may be made to Lynwood Baptist Church or to Preferred Hospice.