- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Sikeston police seeking suspect in beating, robbery
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Officers with the Sikeston Department of Public Safety are looking for suspects in a Friday incident.
At 12:13 a.m. Friday, a call was received about a kidnapping and robbery that began at the intersection of North West Street and David Drive. The victim reported he was "taken out" while walking home from work and forced into a vehicle, where he was hit in the head with a hammer and robbed. His cell phone, shoes and wallet were reportedly taken.
The victim was later dumped on Elizabeth Street, which is in the Ridgeview Addition west of Sikeston. He was taken to Missouri Delta Medical Center for treatment of his injuries and later released.
Based on interviews with the victim, officers are looking for three men in connection with the crime. According to the victim, they were in a white four-door car.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the department's CrimeStoppers line at 573-471-1500 or the department at 573-471-6200. All tips can remain anonymous.