- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Diana Williams Meggs, 53, of McClure, Ill., died suddenly Friday evening at 7:32 p.m. at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 6, 1957, in Cape Girardeau, the daughter of Harry and Josephine Miller Williams. She was married in November 2005 to William "Billy" Meggs.
Diana was a member of Rock Springs Free Will Baptist Church at Thebes, Ill.
Survivors include her husband, William "Billy" Meggs of McClure; a brother, Jim Williams of McClure; two sisters, Lou Etta Smith and JoAnn Baugher, both of Cape Girardeau; nieces; nephews; and other relatives.
Besides her parents she was also preceded in death by two nephews.
Visitation for Diana Williams Meggs will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Rev. Bobby Kirby officiating. Interment will follow in Lindsey Cemetery at McClure.
Online condolences may be left at www.crainsonline.com.