- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
McCLURE, Ill. -- Mary Elizabeth Benefield, 76, of McClure died Wednesday, July 14, 2010, at her home.
She was born Dec. 5, 1933, in Alexander County, Ill., to Raymond W. and Bertha Ann Groves Benefield.
Mary was a 1952 graduate of McClure High School. She was a shoe cutter at Florsheim Shoe Co., and later was an in-home health care worker.
Survivors include her mother, Bertha Ann Benefield of Gale, Ill.; two sons, Bobby Long of McClure, Micheal Lynn (Valorie) Long of East Cape Girardeau, Ill.; a brother, Don (Grace) Benefield of Gale; a sister, Ruth (Douglas) McGee of Crystal River, Fla.; three grandchildren, Jennifer Mayhall, Michelle Long, John Micheal Vincent Long; and a great-grandchild, Jaida Devon Seigart.
She was preceded in death by her father; a son, Johnny Dale Long; two brothers, Bill and Raymond Benefield.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Smithey Jr. officiating. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery at McClure.
Memorial contributions may be given to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society or American Cancer Society.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.