- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Jack Adkins Chapman, 87, of Chaffee passed away Wednesday, July 14, 2010, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
He was born April 28, 1923, in Advance, Mo., son of George and Mellie Reed Chapman.
Jack retired from Florsheim Shoe Co. in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a brother, Bill Chapman of Chaffee; a sister, Maxine Smith of Chaffee; many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 8:30 a.m. to service time today at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. at the chapel, with the Rev. Vyron Yount officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.