- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
BENTON, Mo. -- Mildred S. Schiwitz, 87, of Benton died Monday, July 12, 2010, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 5, 1923, in Camdenton, Mo., to Clarence Stewart and Viola Riggs Stuckey. She married Arthur Albert Schiwitz Jr. on May 15, 1943, in Cape Girardeau. He died June 3, 1999.
Schiwitz was a cook at local restaurants in the Benton area, and was a member of Unity Baptist Church in Benton.
Survivors include four sons, Arthur "Bud" (Brenda) Schiwitz, Robert (Dianne) Schiwitz and Fred Schiwitz, all of Benton, Kenny (Beverly) Schiwitz of Kelso, Mo.; three daughters, Barbara (Fred) Cook of Jefferson City, Mo., Jane (Dennis) Lambert of Benton, Susan (Mike) Nolan of Cape Girardeau; five brothers, Jim Stuckey of Ponder, Texas, Charlie Stuckey of Union, Mo., John Stuckey of Holts Summit, Mo., Paul and Joe Stuckey of Benton; a sister, Shay Pack of Ballwin, Mo.; 11 grandchildren, Ashley Moyer, Shaina Reynolds, Gina Essner, Sara Lambert Duffield, Beau Lambert, Travis and Jason Schiwitz, Tai Wilburn, Amber Tallman, Rachel Crumby and Jaimie Cannon; nine great-grandchildren, Annie, Logan, Kaitlyn, Brenden, Kaden, Bobby Lee, Michael, Zachary and Jaxon.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton and from 9 a.m. until time of service Saturday at Unity Baptist Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the church, with the Revs. Dennis Lowe and Leroy Davenport officiating. Burial will be in Unity Baptist Cemetery.