- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Rick Keith Reams, 58, of Harker Heights, Texas, died Friday, July 9, 2010, at Spartanburg Regional Hospital in Spartanburg, S.C.
He was born Jan. 17, 1952, in Kirksville, Mo., to Charles and Lura Louise Robertson Reams.
Rick was retired from the Army after 22 years of service. He was currently serving at Fort Hood as site director for military intelligence training within the civilian branch of the Department of Army.
He is survived by a son, Jackson, 17; a daughter, Madison, 12, of Brinklow, Md.; father, Charles Reams Jr. of Inman, S.C.; a sister, Menla Reams Russell of Greer, S.C.; and two brothers, Skip Reams of St. Louis and Dean Stickel of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his mother.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau, with full military rites conducted by Missouri Honor Guard.
Memorials in memory of Rick may be made through the Children of Fallen Soldiers Relief Fund, www.cfsrf.org.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.