- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Design error delays Highway 114 bridge
Work to replace the drainage ditch bridge on Highway 114 in Stoddard County, was originally expected to be completed in July. However, the opening of the bridge has been delayed.
"An error in the consultant's design of this bridge has been identified," said Missouri Department of Transportation field engineer Andy Meyer. He said the bridge is undersized and has structural issues. The bridge will be redesigned and replaced. During that time, the roadway will remain closed from Route KK to Highway 25. The new bridge will be open to traffic by the end of the year. Additionally, the project to replace a second bridge on Highway 114 in Stoddard County will be delayed until next year.