- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Jeanette Phillips, 77, of Olive Branch died Sunday, July 11, 2010, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 17, 1933, in Pulaski County, Ill., to Elmer and Lora Leatherland Welch Sr. She married Eugene Phillips on June 15, 1950.
Phillips was a member of Unity Baptist Church. She retired as a nurse aide, having worked at St. Mary's Hospital in Cairo, Ill., various nursing homes in the area and also private duty care. She was a past member of a home extension club.
Survivors include her husband, Eugene, of Olive Branch; three sons, Mike (Donna) Phillips of Paducah, Ky., Harold (Debbie) Phillips of Mayfield, Ky., Wayne (Sharron) Phillips of Tamms, Ill.; a daughter, Ruth Ann (David) Polivick of Olive Branch; 11 grandchildren; 17 great-grandchildren; a brother, Gary (Sharon) Welch of Mansfield, Tenn.; nieces, nephews and other relatives.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two grandchildren; a great-grandchild; two sisters, Beulah and Loretta; three brothers, Sylvester, Carl and Elmer Welch.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and from 11 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Bobby Kirby and Raymond McAfee officiating. Interment will be in Lindsey Cemetery.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.