- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Myrtle May Howard, 66, of Scott City died Sunday, July 11, 2010, at her home.
She was born Nov. 29, 1943, in Sikeston, Mo., to William Harvey and Anna Jane Lincoln Hoover. She married Jack Howard, who preceded her in death.
Survivors include a son, Jack Howard II of Scott City; three daughters, Anna Voyles of Spearfish, S.D., Carolyn Starkweather of Dow City, Iowa, Cheryl Howard of Scott City; a brother, Norman Hoover of McClure, Ill.; 10 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, four brothers and three sisters.
A memorial service will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Crain Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. Bill Joyce will officiate. Private interment will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.