- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
QULIN, MO. -- David Oakes, 52, of Qulin died Sunday, July 11, 2010, at his home.
He was born Sept. 21, 1957, in Advance, Mo. He had lived in Qulin the past 15 years.
He served in the Army from 1982 to 1985.
Oakes worked at Muscle Relocation in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
He and Lisa Brown were married Jan. 1, 1992.
Survivors include his wife; mother, Susan Mae Angle of Campbell, Mo.; three sons, Justin Armstrong of Pangburn, Ark., Micheal Oakes and Christopher Cody Oakes of Qulin; three brothers, L.G. Oakes of Searcy, Ark., Glen Oakes of Osceola, Ark., Rickey Cobb of Delta; five sisters, Brenda Reed and Judy Akridge of Campbell, Linda Templeton and Kay Coleson of Cape Girardeau, and Alice "Evie" Henderson of Olive Branch, Ill.
Visitation will be after 6 p.m. today at White-Sanders Funeral Home in Qulin.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Darrell Coleson officiating. Burial will be in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.whitesandersfuneralhome.com.