- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Five Scott County residents arrested on methamphetamine charges
Two search warrants executed in Scott County on Sunday resulted in the seizure of two methamphetamine laboratories and the arrest of three people from Benton and two from Scott City, according to a news release from the Scott County Sheriff's Department.
The first warrant was served at a rural Benton home, where Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter said the tenants were making methamphetamine. Scott County deputies seized the lab and a number of precursors from the home.
In the news release, Walter said a juvenile was sleeping on a couch just feet from where the cooking was taking place when deputies arrested Jeremya Gray, 41, Travis Moit, 29 and Velma Barnett, 36.
Gray, Moit and Barnett have each been charged with manufacturing a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance and child endangerment.
At the Scott City home, officers found bottles of chemicals, a solid substance that tested positive for methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia, the release said. Arrested were Lavanna Michelle Radica, 31, and Larry Miller, 46.
Radica and Miller have been charged with attempt to manufacture a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance. Miller has also been charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.