- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Kathleen W. Kluesner, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, July 10, 2010, at her home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 11, 1924, at Comstock Park, Mich., to William and Veronica Schweitzer Scheidel.
She and Rufus Kluesner were married Sept. 11, 1945, at Comstock Park. He preceded her in death on July 2, 1993.
She was a member of St. Mary Cathedral and volunteered in the church office.
She had volunteered at Saint Francis Medical Center and Southeast Missouri Hospital. She took part in the Perpetual Adoration at Saint Francis. Kathleen worked at the Cerebral Palsy Center during the 1970s.
She was also a charter member of the Jackson KC Ladies Auxilary. But more than anything, she was a devoted and loving wife, mother and grandmother.
Survivers include three daughters, Paulette Beussink and husband, Glen, Julie Hanna, and Cecelia Kee and husband, Ron, all of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren, JP Beussink, Eric Beussink, Alison Beussink and Travis McClain and wife, Denise, all of Cape Girardeau, and Kasie Ralls and husband, Andy, of Blacksburg, Va.; a great-grandchild, Dylan McClain of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband Rufus; three brothers, Pat Scheidel, Jim Scheidel and Phil Scheidel; three sisters, Alice Scheidel, Theresa Coalter and Mary Blake; and a son-in-law, Chuck Hanna.
Visitation was from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel in Cape Girardeau. Parish prayers were at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. today at St. Mary Cathedral in Cape Girardeau, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating.
Burial will be in St. Mary Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to Birthright, St. Mary Cathedral Building on Faith Fund, or Southeast Hospice.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.